Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm home with a mended and grateful heart

At the peak of a dose of vicodin, combined with another pain med, I am able to sit here for just a quick moment. What an adventure indeed! I will type more down the road about what this surgery entailed.

I appreciate all who have been checking in here as it would be impossible for Gil to keep in touch by phone with all of our dear friends.

It seems that my dear husband has been enjoying his first adventure in blogging. Didn't I put someone in charge of hitting him over the head with his laptop if he posted pictures of me? I'm too stiff and sore to do it myself now so....oh well.

Thanks for being here for us.

Barb

3 comments:

Marie Ariel said...

Fantastic.
And pretty amazing that one of the first things you did when you got home was BLOG!
I am so happy for all of you. And Gil did a great job of keeping things together, keeping us posted, and, as appropriate (of course), making us laugh.
Gentle hugs,
Marie

Tara Marie said...

What a glorious thing.....a mended and grateful heart!!!!!

Barb, tell Gil he needs to start his own blog [or at least continue to be a guest on yours, as he is doing a great job and I'm so thankful he was our bridge to you]

Relax and heal and know we are still keeping you close to our hearts in positive thoughts and prayers.

Peace and love, TM

Julie said...

Barb,
God is good! I am amazed you are home already and thrilled for you. And, look at the bright side, Gil didn't post a photo of your chest incision!

Love you and so glad you are home!

Julie