Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Buddy Walk

Here's our Buddy that makes this fun day (and so much more) possible for us....Michael!
Bernadette (left =) and Clare (right) very busy putting Buddy Walk tattoos on about a gazillion kids and adults.

Peter, the master face painter two years in a row now.






The oldest (Jen) and youngest (Michael) of the Sherman clan.




Big brother Dan helping Michael get all the high fives he can fromthe volunteers who line the walk.





This is the forst year Michael actually walked for part of the walk.























Dan and John walking with their buddy. Mom pushing the empty (except for junk) stroller!
































Great picture if Dan wasn't looking over his shoulder at the fire truck. He'll be driving one of those soon!












Big sis Mary who will get after me for chopping her head off in this picture.
We had a great time. This walk was a special goal of mine before I had my surgery. I wasn't absolutely sure I would be able to make it but am thrilled to say that not only did I make it to the walk, I walked the entire course, and had energy to volunteer as well as enjoy the party after the walk. My new (and very expensive :) ) heart parts are working just fine.
Barb












2 comments:

Marie Ariel said...

Terrific photos and good news about your completing the walk.
Thanks!
Marie

Unknown said...

Looks like a fantastic walk....